Perdana University (“PU”) respects and values your privacy. We have set out the terms relevant to PU’s processing of data obtained as a result of your use of our University’s Website (“the Website”) or through sources related to the administration and management of our programmes as per our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”).
Any personal information provided by you will be processed in accordance with the Act. The data controller is PU unless otherwise stated. By using the Website and the provision of your personal data through other means, you consent to the collection/retention and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
1. What information is collected from you The types of information which we may collect and process are and not limited to:
Name, address, telephone numbers (office & mobile), email, age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, I/C or passport number, marital status, ethnic group, citizenship, religion, academic qualifications, previous examination results, publications, research & other activities, employment history, language proficiency, family particulars, professional particulars, bank account numbers, hobbies & interests, criminal or offence records, health history & referees’ information, information in audio and/or video format (including voice, video recording, closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) and security recording), images (including photographs) and location tracking / GPS information.
2. What we do with your information The information we collect will be used to process enquiries, student application, enrolment and registration specifically for the assessment of the candidate’s suitability to programmes or courses offered, for administration, management and provision of support services (e.g. accommodation, transportation, immigration services, emergencies, fees and financial assistance, etc.), for assessment and analysis and for programme promotion. The information may be disclosed to PU’s service providers and agents, partner universities (if applicable) for these purposes or if required to be disclosed to regulatory or statistical authorities, agencies or bodies. The information requested is necessary for the above purposes and a candidate’s failure to provide the information or to provide accurate information may result in PU not being able to fulfil the purposes above and could result in rejection or delay of the candidate’s application, enrolment or registration.
Data from enquiry, request or application you have made to the University may also be used to provide us feedback for the improvement of our services.
Your information may also be used by the University to: i. Provide you with information about programmes of study. ii. Advise you of events, conferences, seminars, or other workshops and conferences. iii. Provide updates on the University’s achievements in research, education and enterprise. or iv. Provide you details of any marketing campaigns or roadshows.
*If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact PU via the details provided in Section 5 below.*
3. Disclosure of your Information Except as set out below and unless otherwise stated on the relevant form collecting your data, the University will not disclose your personal information to third parties.
Your information may be disclosed to third parties where the University is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or in order to enforce or apply the any entered into between us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the University, its staff or students, other Users of the Website or any other person (including but not limited to third parties who claim that you have infringed their intellectual property rights and/or privacy rights).
Disclosures to any other persons or institutions will be made only with the student’s consent unless exceptional circumstances apply, as provided by law.
4. Access to Information The University endeavors to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. To request access and to correct information the University holds about you, please notify us directly. Please note that you may be required to provide satisfactory proof of identity and to pay the appropriate fee.
5. Storing your Personal Data & Security All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, computer hard drive and external backup. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. However, as information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure, all information you transmit to the Website is at your own risk.
If you need to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal information or any further query or make a complaint in respect of your personal information, please contact:
Student Matters: Tel: (603) 8941 8646 (Ext: 514/517) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Information: Tel: (603) 8941 8646 (Ext: 510/512) Email: email@example.com
7. Changes to this Policy We may change this policy at any time by posting amendments to it and without the need for consultation. Please ensure you read the Policy that is in force at the time of your transaction.