If you are international student looking to study in Malaysia’s premier medical university, then look no further. All the information you need is right here on this page.
Welcome to Perdana University
Perdana University celebrates and embraces diversity. International students are therefore important to the university and we do everything in our power to ensure you have a safe and simple entry into university life. In ensuring that international students have all the support and guidance they need, the university set up the International Student Unit. As a student of the university you will be given access to all facilities and resources that will make studying here simply fantastic.
How to Apply
As an international candidate, you are advised to first check that you meet the entry requirements before beginning the application process. Applications are open throughout the year and yours will be processed for the immediate subsequent intake. Furthermore, all applications documents for Student Pass / Visa must be submitted to the University at least three months before the commencement of the programme.
|Programme||Commencement of Programme||Deadline for Student Pass/ Visa Processing|
|Medical Degree Program 5+0 with Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland||September||1st June|
|Doctor of Medicine||September||1st June|
|Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy (Honours)||April
|Postgraduate Diploma in Bioinformatics||January
|Foundation in Science||April||1st February|
|Master of Science (MSc.) Bioinformatics – By Research||January
|Doctor of Philosophy(PhD.) – By Research||January
Student Pass and Visa
All foreign students who wish to pursue their education at any level in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass and Visa. Without a Visa Approval Letter (VAL), International Students are not allowed to enter Malaysia. The application must be made through the Perdana University. Here are the steps to get your VAL.
How to Apply For VAL
- First apply to Perdana University and receive your offer letter.
- Prepare documents as required. Here is the checklist for you to ensure that you have all the documents that is needed.
- Register with EMGS by log in to https://educationmalaysia.gov.my (You will also find the EMGS User Guidelines, Example Guidelines and VAL (EMGS) Fees Payment Information.
- Upload the documents as required.
- Select the insurance company.
- Select a payment method.
- Complete your application with EMGS.
- Compile documents according to the checklist.
- Send the completed documents to the International Office at Perdana University.
- You can then view your application status via the EMGS Application Status. Once application has been approved, the Immigration Department of Malaysia will issue a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to you. The university will notify students once approval has been received. Students must provide complete address and contact number if they wish to receive the original VAL.
- Obtain a single entry visa at the nearest Malaysia Embassy/consulate in your home country with the VAL.
As exciting as it is to get ready for a new life at Perdana University, please take note that the processing time for the Student Pass is around 6 to 8 weeks. Students can check their application status at the EMGS website or by sending an email to [email protected]