Kem Penyaringan Kesihatan dan Kanser 2018 at Bentong
Perdana University collaborated with the Bentong District Health office and the Malaysian Medical Association Foundation (MMA Foundation) by organising a free Health and Cancer Screening Camp on Saturday, 20 January 2018. Assoc. Prof. Dr. G. Jayakumar from the Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine was the Organising Chairman for the event. The venue was at the Dataran & Padang Majlis Perbandaran Bentong, Pahang and was officiated by YB Senator Roslin Hj Abdul Rahman, Ketua Wanita UMNO, Bentong. The medical camp commenced at 7.30am and ended at 3.00pm.
The medical camp achieved its objectives as follows:
- To provide accessibility to basic medical treatment, cancer screening and referral services to the community.
- To foster the spirit of smart partnership between various stakeholders via Academia, Government Organisations, Non-Governmental Organisation (N.G.O.) and the Community in providing healthcare services to the rural masses in the spirit of National Blue Ocean Strategy.
- To inculcate voluntarism among all healthcare providers.
- Basic medical treatment
- Pap smear
- HPV vaccination
- Dental screening
- Screening for the elderly
- Screening for growth and development – Children
- Visual acuity
- Eye examination with Fundus Camera
- Blood test for Diabetes
- Health education
- Blood donation drive
- Walking – 10,000 steps
- Singing and Dance performance by Perdana University students
- Colouring competition for children